Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Jiu Jitsu Girls…They Just Wanna Have Fun.

 

Jiu Jitsu Girls…They Just Wanna Have Fun.

Big-Joe-Radio

 

 

Helio didn’t tap to Kimura, uncle Renzo didn’t tap to Sakuraba, I wouldn’t tap either.” Kyra Gracie talking about her match against Lana Stefanac

            Imagine what it is like to start off a Jiu Jitsu randori session. Your first partner is one big hulk looking agro guy. He’s in a kimono. He may even be a blue belt. All that matters is that after you bump fists, you are in for the ride of your life. This is a ride in which not much of it is technical. The man is much stronger than you. He is much bigger than you. You were thinking that maybe the guy would understand the common respect of the Jiu Jitsu-land where people respect and try to take care of each other. People have to work the next day and would actually like to come back the next day to train all over again. Well this guy is going to make you pay for coming into his presence with that thought in mind. Now imagine if you are a girl in Jiu Jitsu. That just adds to the scenario here. That’s what this topic is about. The good thing is for every asshole like the guy I just portrayed, there are girls who belong in a league of Jiu Jitsu fighters who can easily whip up on men much bigger and stronger than they are. Kyra Gracie is their leader.

            Kyra Gracie is of course one of the Gracie black belts of Jiu Jitsu. In keeping with the tradition of her family, she has upheld the art’s prestige by going out and winning tournaments at the highest levels of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. She is a 4X world BJJ champ (2004,2006,2008,2010), 5X Pan American BJJ Games Champ (2001,2002,2004,2005,2007), 5X Brazillian BJJ Champ(1998,1999, 2000, 2001,2004), 5X New York State BJJ Champion(1989,1999,2000,2001,2002), and 3 X Abu Dhabi Combat Club Submission Wrestling Champion(2005, 2007, 2011). If you want to know more about here, look her up. She is more of a beast than most men I have met. She is very beautiful too. Let’s not act blind.

            So I think the point of this writing is not really to go into Kyra Gracie too much, but to also discuss the brave woman who jump on the mats and face a very male dominated sport. In a Gracie magazine article, she was quoted as saying, “ I want to be to woman’s Jiu Jitsu what Rickson is to men’s Jiu Jitsu”. In the Gracie family tree, Rickson is the second generation patriarch while Kyra is considered the fourth generation. Jiu Jitsu is very pure water when it gets that close to Helio and Carlos Gracie themselves.

            In a recent blog written by, bloody-elbow, as of this year Kyra Gracie has been making plans to step into Mixed Martial Arts. She wants to put down the kimono and put on the gloves. News on the internet is that Kyra has given birth to a little baby girl. Congratulations to the girl named Ayra Gracie. Kyra is in a relationship to a Brazilian Actor. Kyra wants to make her way through some of the smaller shows until she can eventually make it up to the big stage of the UFC. With her strong will and the resume that she possesses, I don’t doubt that she will make an entrance onto the ultimate stage one day.

            To me Kyra represents the leader of the female Jiu Jitsu fighters of the world. If you have trained Jiu Jitsu for more than five minutes, you will realize that there are some incredibly strong men to train with and against. Woman bjj practitioners are some of the best technical fighters. They are not as big, or as strong as most of the men who train. This forces them to rely purely on technique rather than brute strength like most men. I can think of a few woman who I train with, who are a huge handful to deal with. They are fast. You can never put all of your weight on them. They will pretzel you up in many ways imaginable. They are also mentally tough. Here’s one distinct irony too; they are very beautiful people physically and personally. I mean if you can, you really should get a Jiu Jitsu girlfriend. They will be in incredible shape. You will never have to argue with them about spending too much time at the Jiu Jitsu academy. You will probably have a lot the same passions. That really just depends on you, though. All I am saying is that Jiu Jitsu girls are not something to be taken lightly on or off the mat.

            Now I have dated a few Jiu Jitsu girls in the past. I try to keep my dating life separate from my passions now. It was a lesson that was worth learning. But during those times, I met my son’s mom. We dated, had extreme passion for one another, moved in together, had a child together. Things didn’t work out between me and the boy’s mom, but I will forever be in her debt for the wonderful son that we have. I have my son every weekend. He is four years old, and I’ve been doing the single father thing for just about all of those four years. Today when I brought him to his mother’s house, my boy ran up to his mother and gave her the greatest hug and kiss in the world.

            In Jiu Jitsu, there is that respect that we have for each other, or at least should have. For me, it’s knowing that as long as I have breath in my lungs, I must always show my boy the positive ways of life. Even if his mother doesn’t know it, I am directly responsible for instructing my handsome boy that his mother is a queen. She will always be his queen. Good boys love their mammas. Like-wise, the women of Jiu Jitsu are the queens of the Jiu Jitsu world. They are the lionesses. As a lion, just know that if you as a man try to get agro on any of our woman, like the guy in my opening paragraph does, we will stomp your shit. Rolling with a girl will teach you just how much your Jiu Jitsu sucks or doesn’t suck. Use that to your benefit, and help them become better too. Kyra Gracie, I Love You!

 

Jissoseph out!!!!!!!!!!

 

Sources

1.       http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/4/6/5587416/kyra-gracie-hopes-to-fight-for-the-ufc-following-pregnancy-and

2.       http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/6/5582386/kyra-gracie-still-targets-ufc-career-after-pregnancy

3.       http://www.graciemag.com/2009/12/%E2%80%9Cneither-helio-nor-renzo-tapped-i-wouldn%E2%80%99t-tap%E2%80%9D/

 

 

 

 

 

Guys...have you ever rolled on the Jiu Jitsu mats with an over-aggressive-agro-guy? Well it sucks. He uses hulk strength and sometimes he gets lucky. My man will walk away as if Dana White himself should be calling him in about five minutes. Well don't tell Kyra Gracie this. She will whip the ever-living-shit out of him. Join her, Stevie Knicks and myself on this latest blog. Big-Joe-Radio...Just Like A White Winged Dove Sings A Song Sounds Like She's Singing Whoo, Baby Whoo Said Whoo

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment