Monday, September 7, 2020

I Will Wade Through My Babbling Brook While It is Sunny

 


I Will Wade Through My Babbling Brook While It is Sunny

9/7/2020



                When I think of a Brook, I think of a small stream. Maybe I think of a stream whereas a little boy I used to skip rocks across the surface in my hope to hit a fish in the head and be able to claim him as victory. I think about my walk home, in cool wet jeans. The day I swim in the brook, is the day I chose to wear long dungarees or even overalls. My shoes are sloshing with water as I walk home. My socks rub raw against the skin of my soles. The weight of my clothing adds what feels like 20 lbs. on my body. Yet to swim in a brook on the warm sunny day is always a taste of heaven.

                Sometimes when I meditate, I think of myself in a brook. There are mountains near by that cascade a reflection on the rippling water. The speed of the water is not so great as we all should know that a brook is not a full-sized stream but just a baby river coming into its own. I imagine myself with very little to no clothing on. I imagine that the water is deep enough to cover my shoulders but not so deep that I cannot stand up and face the sun and see the trees, the rocks, the blades of grass, the flying insects, and even the trace of life from possible wild animals that have made their presence near the brook that I now enjoy.

                As my body faces downstream, I imagine lily pads flowing past me and down the stream into its near future once out of my site. I imagine that there are no unpleasant thoughts here. I only imagine my thoughts flowing past me like the water that flows not only through my hair, but also between my fingers, my toes, my legs, my arms, and even my most private areas, with very little resistance.

                Any thoughts that come through my mind, pass through just like those rushing waters. I do not attach myself to any of them. I di not allow myself to be identified with anything besides the hear and now. Negative and positive thoughts travel through me like lily pads.

                When I think of my girlfriend, Brook, I think in much the same terms. She is my river of flowing love and sweet emotion. I see my nature in her eyes. I can be myself around her. I can allow myself to wade in her presence in my naked and natural self. I am focused on the here and now.

                What do I think when I wade through her babbling love? I think of her. I think of her as a mother to what must be 5 happy human beings. She takes care of not only the kids but also the grandbabies. There must be an Atlantic Ocean of love that feeds into her which carries the love that she expresses to the wonderful people in her life.    

                When I make love to her, I am not captivated by murky waters. I am instead tossed about in waves of extasy. Our waves collide together. I remember thinking to myself right before I met her that maybe I possibly love the people in my life too much – as if that might be a bad thing because it can make me extremely vulnerable. But then I have an orgasm with my lovely Brook. By that I mean we both orgasm at the same time, and it is then that I realize that there is no such thing as too much love either given to us or even taken from us. I love giving my love to Brook as she receives it and also gives me her wonderful love.

When I think of Brook, I also think about her life’s path. I am empathetic to where she is in life and still the woman that she is to become. She has spent all this time living her life while I was not aware that she was here on the same planet with me. And now I have her in my life and I can enjoy catching up to all the things that I missed while we were both becoming the people we were destined to become.

                What if part of my journey with her is to catch glimpses of the woman that she will continue to become, as if to feel the water in nature’s brooks, as it flows around me and on to it’s destination, allowing me to share my thoughts and presence with her while we bask in the sun that God shines around us.

                Do I love Brook? I do! I will continue to love her for as long as she allows me to, and then some. I will enjoy watching all the colors, shapes, and moments of her soul as it twists its way though the valleys of life that we share together. When the waters move fast, I will enjoy the moments. When the waters move slow, I will enjoy the peace. I will do my best to keep the weaters that we share together pure as love can possibly be pure.

I love you, Brook. My baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment